PPI AG has been working successfully as a consulting and software company for financial institutions, insurance companies and financial service providers for over 30 years. We are a German multinational company and occupy a leading market position in the European payments sector. For our Italian subsidiary smart4p – based in Milan’s Financial Services Banking area – we are currently looking for a
Senior Software Engineer Java (m/f/d) - Milan Office
- After completing an initial international onboarding period, aimed at consolidating the methodologies and technical skills needed for your daily work, you will start designing and implementing architectures and computer applications in the Digital Payments area with state-of-the-art platforms and technologies (e. g. Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Docker, K8s, Git, GitLab-ci-pipeline).
- You will be part of highly qualified international teams focused on design and development of software products and solutions.
- You will deal with demanding functional and technical requirements and enjoy working with modern tools (e. g. IntelliJ IDEA), frameworks (e. g. Spring, Hibernate) and database systems (e. g. Oracle, DB2).
- You actively contribute your own ideas and help us to constantly improve our development process - technically and methodologically.
- Successfully completed University Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Physics
- 5+ years proven experience in design and development in Java environment, preferably in the payments sector
- Agile and scrum-based development methodology
- Confident application of the principles of object-oriented programming as well as a good understanding of algorithms, data structures and data integrity
- Strong sense of self-motivation, high standards for the results of your work and great appreciation for "clean code"
- Strong attitude for consultancy approach, problem solving and ability to work in a team in a dynamic working environment
- Proven ability in technical mentoring activities for Junior resources
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (C2) - knowledge of German is an advantage.
- An international environment that offers opportunities for growth and career, which will be addressed in line with an individual development plan aimed at enhancing business, methodological and technical skills
- An interdisciplinary work environment in a highly qualified and dedicated team
A good match?
If so, we look forward to receiving your full online application with details of your salary requirements and your preferred start date.